History

The church was founded in 1895 by 5 emigré Scots as Trinity Presbyterian Church of England and had a strong Scottish connection.

This photograph shows the interior of the church when it was first built.

These days the congregation is more cosmopolitan, embracing any Christian who wishes to worship with us.

In the 1920s the neighbouring market garden on the corner site was purchased and is now the site of the car park and main church hall.

In 1935 a lightning strike caused a major fire which was mentioned in the national press and provided the opportunity to refurbish to a more modern standard.

In 1972 Trinity joined the union of the United Reformed Church and in 1995 we celebrated our centenary by raising money to install disabled persons facilities in a newly decorated and paneled vestibule.